We hope you are all doing your best to keep your household safe and healthy during this COVID-19 pandemic.
We are only providing essential housing services: responding to emergencies and limiting all face to face contact with households and each other as we deliver services from home.
Please call 250.564.9794 for emergencies.
If you do not know if it is an emergency, do not hesitate to call us.
We are conducting check-ins with each of you. If you receive a call from us, please call us back. Payments can still be delivered to the office if you are not on electronic deposit.
We encourage you to take all appropriate precautions to stay safe during this time. Please refer to helpful information and links below.
Helpful things to do to prevent spread of COVID-19:
• Wash your hands! Use soap and water and wash for at least 20 seconds.
• If you aren’t feeling well, have a fever or a cough, please stay away and rest until you are feeling better. This will keep you and everyone else attending the event safe.
• If you can’t wash your hands, use hand sanitizer.
• Greeting friends and family with an “elbow bump” to keep safe.
• Make sure to wash your hands before and after eating and don’t share plates or utensils with other participants.
• The virus attaches itself to hair and clothing. Take bath or shower after being out, and hang clothes in direct sunlight.
• Wash all surfaces (including metal such as doorknobs).
• Label your water bottle with your name and check to be sure the bottle you are drinking from is always yours.
• Cover your mouth with a tissue or use your inner elbow if you have to cough or sneeze.
• Try to avoid touching your face.
• Masks are not necessary and may increase the risk of infection. Masks are for keeping germs in not out.
• Treat each other with fairness and compassion.
• Social distancing: Avoid going out in public. If you must, stay 2 metres away from others.
• Check in with yourself and others – if you aren’t feeling 100%, it’s better to stay away for now.
• Attack anything causing a sore throat right away: drink hot liquids and gargle with an anti-septic (eg. Salt, lemon or vinegar).
• Do not flush sanitizing wipes down toilets. All types of wipes that are not toilet paper may lead to clogged plumbing pipes in your home.
• If you are experiencing symptoms you think may be COVID-19, call 8-1-1. Call 9-1-1 in case of emergency only.
For those whose employment has been affected by COVID-19, there have been announcements of a faster EI process and top-ups.
We will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Also, please visit: